Sunday, January 27, 2008

 
flavored coffees will always, invariably remind me of my mother.

i am currently kicking off my second round of classes for the semester, and could possibly be kicking myself quite soon for giving myself such a ridiculous semester. sixteen credits artfully arranged to allow me only to open at work during the week (that is, arrive at the outpost at 6:45), if that.

...

the rolling exhibition is thousands of photographs taken in 15 different countries by film student kevin connolly, traveling by skateboard. the photos are all of people staring at him, because he is legless. he talks a little on the website (and more in this article) about they way in which different culturally shared experiences influenced people's perception of him, and their reaction to his physical difference. a highly recommended read/look.


posted by emily oi! at 12:39:00 PM


0 comments