Friday, October 10, 2003

 
i haven't accomplished as much as i had hoped. sadly. i've still got two solid days to work this out.. and the night is yet young, but i just can't get over the irrational fear* that i'll never bite this damn bullet and start slicing away at those four thousand words. for an example of why things are going so slow, you could look at this.

today is my father's fifty - second birthday and to celebrate he bought smelt for dinner. needless to say, they smelt pretty awful. har har.

monday is twin-day at school, and my mirror will be da lor! it is perfect because i am really asian on the inside (metaphor: the egg) and she is really german (metaphor: the saurkraut twinkie). also we are both stunningly beautiful full ib students who rock the tok and art boats with our freudian analysis and wittiness. we were made for twin day. 4real.

i am currently listening to the one nick drake cd that my mother did not hijack for her trip to ohio. it makes me wish i were writing an extended essay on sitting with my feet up. i could be doing research right now.

i had a realization this week, when a friend from school called me to talk, and to see how i've been doing. the realization was that, *along with* rarely leaving comments, nobody ever calls me either. i am all give an no receive. all stimulus and no response. in my fragile pre-menstrual/menstrual/post-menstrual state, this is the kind of thing that makes me cry.

conferences were good. mr. kroncke, my ib history of the americas and theory of knowledge teacher told me i had "consistently the best performance of any of [his] students." oh my. zeise of ib chem two said that "three years of emily joy just isn't enough."

does this post seem a little bi-polar?

also, don't bother leaving a comment because, you know, i'd hate to be wrong. really.

. . .

*less irrational, in fact, than my fear of zombies and being hit by invisible cars on deserted streets.


posted by emily oi! at 6:54:00 PM


0 comments